Take a little breather Amma! We need it!

Dishes done! Dirty clothes in the washing machine. Feeding sorted. Baby books read. Nursery rhymes sung. And plop...we slink into bed, only to resurface the next morning staring at our darling little kiddos, who as usual are vying for our attention. And the rigmarole starts once again. It was for like being stuck in a time warp of sorts, the day never ended and the night seemed too short for me to rest, weekends went in a flurry of grocery shopping, birthday parties to attend. A few friends commented you look frazzled. Did I? I thought this was what all Ammas looked like!

Then I decided to perhaps step out take that 3 hours to myself, perhaps attend that writers group meeting that I always wanted to attend. Or enroll for that art workshop on that saturday when the better half would be around to mind my little daughter. And it worked! No..I don't mean that my usual rigmarole of 'dishes-dirty clothes-feeding-nursery rhymes singing' stopped, but I off loaded some of that and now the better half has become equally good at putting my moppet to bed.

So ladies, its time to set out, take a little time for yourself and get in touch with that lost creative hand of yours and get back to that garden that you have neglected, or sketch that image that has long remained in the recesses of your mind, now is the time to get that charcoal to paper and express yourself. Some of that regular fatigue will ebb away and you will feel re-energized. There's no better time than now..because a happy baby needs a happy Amma...and to be a happy Amma you need to make sometime for yourself. So get out with your gurlies for that elusive night out (if you are so lucky!) or step out and visit that art gallery that has so intrigued you. Take that breather...and feel the difference!


Comments

Popular Posts