Sartorially Mine....

"Amma wow...so beautiful" that was my not yet 3 year old complimenting me, when I wore a sari to work. It gladdened me to no end. My little one understanding aesthetics and developing her own sense of what looks good, I was over the moon..and it certainly helped for atleast she appreciated my little efforts at looking good. But what do you do when she suddenly starts spewing gyaan on all my sartorial mistakes...yes she does. So sometimes it is about that "not matching duppata" to "why are you wearing that shoes" to "you didnt wear lipstick"! Then I sigh some more and my maudlin self wonders that age old 'mommy mantra' of "when did she learn all this and how soon they grow". So this is a typical scene at a clothes store, when I go shopping. Little A will be with either my better half or my mum checking out the different clothes or preening at herself in the mirror, when she will exclaim loudly, "Wow Amma, you are looking soooooper!", and for a minute or so the entire shopping floor will stare at Little A as she would maneuver around the store to come forward and give me a congratulatory hug on having achieved the task of actually looking good! And I would then hear murmurs of "so sweet" , "so cute, look at that doll", etc.

Alas they do not know how difficult it is to please this little cupcake of mine. I am guilty as charged when it comes to the matching bit, because I would say that to her to coax her to wear hair clips, and now she holds it against me if I do not go by that rule. In short I gotto practice what I preach. Then there are days, when she will come running into the apartment elevator screaming, "you are looking like a joker, Amma" and be a witness to the amused stares of my neighbors. All I can actually do is laugh and look sheepish and hold up my hand and say "I will try next time, my budding fashionista" For now please deal with my sartorial disasters with some mercy:) 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts