I thank THEE...



"Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude." ― A.A. Milne


"Thanks Amma", says A, "you are like a rainbow for me" and I smile! Even today I think it is important to be grateful even for small things. Especially for the small ones, because one tends to often forget. Gratitude in its innate nature brings with a positive energy therefore this year my focus will be on appreciating all the small and big that I should be thankful for! Also notice that once you say thank you to someone, soon that person does the same to someone else. I noticed it happened with my Uber driver, he was so happy  when I thanked him for dropping me back home, that he immediately responded with thanks Madam! Gratitude is indeed contagious! Ever notice that people who experience this kind of gratitude often feel happy with their lives, they tend to appreciate the contributions of people around them. They also then start appreciating the life's little joys!

Cultivating a culture of gratitude is not difficult but it has to start with small things, starting with thanking your colleagues , your spouse/ partner, your house help, gardener for their for their help because they are in their own way making your life a little better. Like this morning I thanked god for the little less intense traffic! So the resolution this year is to have an attitude of gratitude!

Comments

Popular Posts